Slow Cooker Maple Baked Beans
This is the perfect opportunity to prepare good baked beans ... or rather pancetta beans. To avoid having to soak the white beans for hours, I recommend you try the slow cooker! It's the perfect tool!
- 2 lb 900g small dry white beanss
- 1/2 pound 250 g diced pancetta Buy mine at Costcoco)
- 30 ml 2 tbsp. Dijon mustardn
- 1 can of 156 ml 5 ½ oz tomato pastee
- 1 onion, chopped 1/2 cup 125 ml maple syruple
- 1/2 cup 125 ml molassese
- 2 L 8 cups waterau
- Pepper and salt
Step 1. Rinse the beans well.
Step 2. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well.
Step 3. Cook on high for 8/10 hourses
Step 4. Yum!
Tip: cook the baked beans overnight, for a perfect breakfast!
*recipe adapted from Smart Kitchen, parents in a hurry.